Looking for an Accountancy Job in Letchworth?
We only recruit for Accountants – the Accountancy Recruitment specialists.
Are you looking for an Accountancy Job in Letchworth?
Or are you an Accountancy Firm with an Accountancy role to fill?
Each year we match hundreds of accountants with the perfect job in accounts.
We’re expert recruiters in both permanent accounts jobs and interim accounts jobs throughout Letchworth.
Looking for your next career move in Accountancy?
Looking to fill an Accountancy role?
Accountancy Jobs in Letchworth
A great career and a great place to live
Letchworth Garden City, commonly known as Letchworth, is a town in Hertfordshire, with a population of 33,600. It is a former civil parish. The town’s name is taken from one of the three villages it surrounded – all of which featured in the Domesday Book.
Several housing estates have been added to Letchworth since its inception.
To the north of the town The Grange began construction in 1947 and to the south east Jackmans was built from 1961. These were council / municipal housing estates with many residents originally coming from the London overspill. Two more prosperous (and private) estates – Lordship and Manor Park – were built from in 1971 to the south west.
Smaller areas of in-fill housing also appeared in the 1990s, particularly on land adjacent to Jackmans Estate on the sites of a former creamery and the Willian Secondary School, which had closed in 1991 when school rolls in the town had begun to fall.
Willian School, along with two primary schools (Lannock and Radburn) had been built as part of the Jackmans Estate, which was constructed with not only its own schools, but also shops, library, community centre, sheltered housing, and public house. Bordered by major roads this almost self-contained community developed a reputation as being slightly cut off from the rest of the town and tends to be overlooked in most studies of Garden City development.
This is an unfortunate oversight as the plan of the estate (based on the “Radburn principle” pioneered in Radburn, New Jersey – a town whose design was itself inspired by the original Garden City) was an impressive and largely successful addition to the town, and matched most Garden City principles. Certainly, for a period that has a reputation for poor town and residential planning it is remarkably well executed piece of urban design.
Almost all residential housing on Jackmans Estate is in a series of cul-de-sacs with access off a single feeder road – appropriately called Radburn Way – which in turn is crossed by a series of underpasses.
Why choose Public Practice Recruitment Ltd for Accountant Jobs in Letchworth?
- We’re specialists recruiters, working exclusively for accountancy firms. We also help hundreds of accountants each year to find new accountancy jobs in Letchworth.
- There are hundreds of Accountant Practices all over Letchworth who work with Public Practice Recruitment Ltd. These Practices value our extraordinary ability to recruit the very best accountants for Letchworth accountancy practices.
- We have both experience and know-how – 15 years of dedication to specialist recruiting for hundreds of Letchworth accountants.
- Our enviable track record of achieving successful appointments is a measure of our commitment to providing accountants with the best possible support in attaining their career ambitions.
- The keys to our success are our efficiency and diligence. Our focused approach gives us every chance of matching the right accountancy skills with the right accountancy job at the right accountancy practice.
- Are you an accountant? Then we’ll leave no stone unturned to give you the best chance of achieving your long-term career goals.
- Do you have an Accountancy firm? We work with:
- Almost all of the UK’s top 100 firms of accountants
- the major regional accountancy practices
- the key sole office accountancy firms
- many vibrant start-up accountancy firms across the country
Latest Accountancy Jobs
Senior AccountantWe are working with a Devon based accountancy practice to recruit a Semi Senior or Senior Accountant into their firm for at least two months. Working with the accounts team this a full-time job opportunity with potential for agile working. The ideal accountant will be confident in accounts preparation work and the completion of both personal and corporate tax returns. You will have good communication skills and be a team player who can hit the ground running.Devon
Partner DesignatePublic Practice Recruitment Ltd are working in support of an award-winning firm of accountants to recruit an ambitious Partner Designate. The Partner Designate will manage a sizable fee base and play a lead role in the strategic growth of the firm. Having a proven track record the ideal candidate will have broad experience across accounting and tax.Bolton
Senior AccountantOur client is a multiple office accountancy firm and one of the leading firms of accountants in Bath. Having enjoyed significant growth a new opportunity to join this brilliant firm has been created. The ideal Senior Accountant to join this high-quality firm of accountants should be ambitious with a general accountancy background.Bath
PartnerAccountancy Partner job in Bolton Are you looking for accountancy jobs in Bolton? Job alert for Partners seeking a new challenge. If you are looking to reach the highest levels within an accountancy firm apply for this job. Having an envious track record for the delivery of excellence our client leads the field. As a key member of the Partnership team, you will lead the firms offering across the whole of Greater Manchester. This exceptional opportunity represents the chance to help our award-winning client take market share. Leading a dynamic team of qualified and part-qualified accountants the Partner will have the support of the wider Partner group.Bolton
PartnerAccountancy Partner job in Weston-Super-Mare Are you a Partner level accountant looking for a new challenge? Job alert - a job for an accountancy Partner in Weston-super-Mare. Working exclusively on behalf of a leading firm of accountants we are searching for an ambitious accountant to join their practice. Your background in accountancy practice will be progressive with notable achievements. With wide-ranging technical skills gained within a general accountancy practice you will be seeking a career move to Partner level. Your previous client base will have included medical professionals to which you have provided advisory services. You will now be looking to further develop your working relationship with a broad range of medical professionals. This will come about through the development of existing relationships and the forming of new ones.Weston-super-Mare
PartnerPartner job in Leeds, West Yorkshire. Accountancy Partner level job for a progressive accountant. Job alert for accountancy Partners! Our award-winning accountancy firm client is a progressive firm of chartered accountants with an envious track record. Working as an extension of their client's businesses and as a trusted advisor their reputation for excellence is outstanding.Leeds
Partner DesignatePartner Designate job in Lichfield Rare and exciting opportunity to secure partnership Job Alert! We are recruiting for an ACA or ACCA qualified accountant job for Partner Designates in Lichfield. As a leading accountancy firm, this is a superb opportunity to further your career. Depending on the candidate's career objectives you will have the ability to work at Partner levels. Suited towards a progressive accountant with many years or depending on the background a few years experience of general practice.Lichfield
Senior AccountantAre you looking for a Senior Accountant job in Bath? Are you a qualified accountant looking for a new challenge? Job Alert! This is an outstanding opportunity for a fully qualified accountant to work for an independent accountancy practice in Bath.Bath
Medical Partner DesignateMedical Partner Designate job in Bristol working for a progressive firm of accountants who can offer career progression to Equity Partner level. If you are an ACA/CA or ACCA qualified accountant with medical experience this could be the perfect job for you.Bristol
PartnerAccountancy Partner job in Bristol, Avon working for a leading accountancy practice. Our outstanding accountancy firm client is looking to recruit a high calibre Partner into their award-winning practice.Bristol
Candidates - a career in Accounts
To succeed in Accounts, you need a healthy mix of interpersonal skills and an acute eye for detail. You also need to be reasonably computer literate.
As an Accounts Assistant
You’ll be providing admin support to accountants, undertaking clerical tasks such as
- making phone calls
- handling mail
- basic bookkeeping
- helping to keep the office running smoothly
- dealing with customers and external agencies
Accounts assistants are usually expected to be in work during typical daytime office hours.
Working as part of a team within a business environment, you’ll be full or part-time and your contract could be permanent or temporary, depending on the specific vacancy you go for. You may have to travel too.
Take advantage of offers of training and you may find promotion opportunities come your way. The next step on the career ladder would be as …
The typical qualities of a successful Assistant Accountant include
- part-qualified AAT –
- excellent Excel skills
- the ability to be diplomatic and discrete
- a pro-active approach and the ability to focus on system and reporting improvements
- payroll experience
- experience in preparation of statutory and balance sheet accounts
Your duties might include
- monthly management account preparation
- production of profit and loss statements
- to complete and maintain sales invoices and reports
- accruals & prepayments
- assisting in the preparation of statutory accounts for review
- bank reconciliation, posting and balancing
- weekly wages, petty cash and other journal posting
- quarterly VAT return preparation
Accountants go through a rigorous qualification and recruitment process. Employers generally look for graduates and school leavers who are
- able to reflect on their own work, as well as the wider consequences of financial decisions
- genuinely interested in business and possess a degree of business acumen
- organised and can manage deadlines
- good in a team
- skilled communicators and have good interpersonal skills
- proficient in IT
- able to be analytical
- methodical in their approach and have proven problem-solving skills
- highly numerate
What exactly does an Accountant do?
An Accountant provides financial advice to clients. These clients could range from solo professionals to multinational organisations or any scale of business in between.
Accountants frequently specialise in specific areas of practice
- management consultancy
- forensic accountancy
- corporate finance
A general overview of the role of an Accountant
- preparing accounts and tax returns
- administering payrolls and controlling income and expenditure
- auditing financial information
- compiling and presenting reports, budgets, business plans, commentaries and financial statements
- analysing accounts and business plans
- providing tax planning services with reference to current legislation
- financial forecasting and risk analysis
- dealing with insolvency cases
- negotiating the terms of business deals and moves with clients and associated organisations
- meeting and interviewing clients
- managing colleagues, workloads and deadlines.
“Garry was really helpful from the very start. He was able to organise numerous interviews in quick succession, his communication was faultless, and he managed to sort all the queries I had, no matter how minor. He managed to arrange for my study debt to be paid off and I couldn’t have asked for anything more. I would recommend Public Practice Recruitment Ltd!”
“I have worked with Garry over the last 9 years during which he has helped me with strategic job moves which have seen my career progress from Tax Advisor to Tax Director. I have always found Garry’s market knowledge and career advice to be exceptional. I cannot recommend Garry and Public Practice Recruitment Ltd highly enough as they really are experts in their field.”
“Garry and Public Practice Recruitment Ltd have great connections and contacts throughout accountancy firms across the UK. This means that they can match the needs of both the firms and candidates rather than just dealing with volumes. Garry is great to discuss matters with and is honest and open with his knowledge and opinions and keeps up to date with developments across the profession. I would highly recommend him and his business to both candidates and firms.”
Accountant Jobs and Careers in Letchworth
With our proven track record, we’ll find the right Accountancy Job in Letchworth to match your career aspirations.
We have thousands of accountancy candidates on our database throughout Letchworth. In the unlikely event that an ideal candidate isn’t amongst them, we’ll go out and recruit – fully confident that we’ll quickly fill your Accountancy vacancy with a great candidate.
We’ve helped dozens of Letchworth accountancy firms to source the very best accountancy candidates. Where firms have traditionally struggled to recruit accountants, we’ve soon helped them to become the accountancy firm of choice in their area.
Challenge us to find the perfect Accountancy Job in the Letchworth for you.
See how we can find the perfect Accountancy candidate for your firm.