Looking for an Accountancy Job in Bristol?
We only recruit for Accountants – the Accountancy Recruitment specialists.
Are you looking for an Accountancy Job in Bristol?
Or are you an Accountancy Firm with an Accountancy role to fill?
Each year we match hundreds of accountants with the perfect job in accounts.
We’re expert recruiters in both permanent accounts jobs and interim accounts jobs throughout Bristol.
Looking for your next career move in Accountancy?
Looking to fill an Accountancy role?
Accountancy in Bristol
Candidates pursuing accountancy roles will be well served in Bristol.
Bristol is a city and county located in the South West of England.
Bristol is a vibrant city that has a lot to offer its residents, in 2014 it was even named the Best City to Live by the Sunday Times. History lovers can enjoy Bristol Cathedral and architecture that dates back to the 12th century, and Bristol Harbourside is home to the SS Great Britain which is now a museum ship. Bristol has a buzzing nightlife scene with huge clubs hosting top DJs, underground gigs, plenty of bars, comedy clubs and karaoke bars. Bristol understandably has been awarded Purple Flag status, an accreditation given to towns and cities that offer an entertaining, diverse, safe and enjoyable night out. Families are well catered for too as it prides itself on being a family-friendly city with plenty on offer for children with the Bristol Aquarium, Bristol Zoo and museum, We The Curious.
Bristol’s modern economy spans creative media, electronics, and aerospace with employers including BAE Systems, Airbus and Rolls-Royce. It is also home to two large universities, Bristol University and the University of the West of England. The technology industry is also booming in Bristol, with large employers including Hewlett Packard.
The city is well-connected to London and other major UK cities by motorways and good rail links, and to the rest of the world by the Port of Bristol and Bristol Airport.
Search for accountancy roles in Bristol.
Why choose Public Practice Recruitment Ltd for Accountant Jobs in Bristol?
- We’re specialists recruiters, working exclusively for accountancy firms. We also help hundreds of accountants each year to find new accountancy jobs in Bristol.
- There are thousands of Accountant Practices all over Norfolk who work with Public Practice Recruitment Ltd. These Practices value our extraordinary ability to recruit the very best accountants for Bristol accountancy practices.
- We have both experience and know-how – 15 years of dedication to specialist recruiting for hundreds of Bristol accountants.
- Our enviable track record of achieving successful appointments is a measure of our commitment to providing accountants with the best possible support in attaining their career ambitions.
- The keys to our success are our efficiency and diligence. Our focused approach gives us every chance of matching the right accountancy skills with the right accountancy job at the right accountancy practice.
- Are you an accountant? Then we’ll leave no stone unturned to give you the best chance of achieving your long-term career goals.
- Do you have an Accountancy firm? We work with:
- Almost all of the UK’s top 100 firms of accountants
- the major regional accountancy practices
- the key sole office accountancy firms
- many vibrant start-up accountancy firms across the country
Latest Accountancy Jobs
Partner DesignatePublic Practice Recruitment Ltd are working in support of an award-winning firm of accountants to recruit an ambitious Partner Designate. The Partner Designate will manage a sizable fee base and play a lead role in the strategic growth of the firm. Having a proven track record the ideal candidate will have broad experience across accounting and tax.Bolton
Senior AccountantOur client is a multiple office accountancy firm and one of the leading firms of accountants in Bath. Having enjoyed significant growth a new opportunity to join this brilliant firm has been created. The ideal Senior Accountant to join this high-quality firm of accountants should be ambitious with a general accountancy background.Bath
PartnerAccountancy Partner job in Bolton Are you looking for accountancy jobs in Bolton? Job alert for Partners seeking a new challenge. If you are looking to reach the highest levels within an accountancy firm apply for this job. Having an envious track record for the delivery of excellence our client leads the field. As a key member of the Partnership team, you will lead the firms offering across the whole of Greater Manchester. This exceptional opportunity represents the chance to help our award-winning client take market share. Leading a dynamic team of qualified and part-qualified accountants the Partner will have the support of the wider Partner group.Bolton
PartnerAccountancy Partner job in Weston-Super-Mare Are you a Partner level accountant looking for a new challenge? Job alert - a job for an accountancy Partner in Weston-super-Mare. Working exclusively on behalf of a leading firm of accountants we are searching for an ambitious accountant to join their practice. Your background in accountancy practice will be progressive with notable achievements. With wide-ranging technical skills gained within a general accountancy practice you will be seeking a career move to Partner level. Your previous client base will have included medical professionals to which you have provided advisory services. You will now be looking to further develop your working relationship with a broad range of medical professionals. This will come about through the development of existing relationships and the forming of new ones.Weston-super-Mare
PartnerPartner job in Leeds, West Yorkshire. Accountancy Partner level job for a progressive accountant. Job alert for accountancy Partners! Our award-winning accountancy firm client is a progressive firm of chartered accountants with an envious track record. Working as an extension of their client's businesses and as a trusted advisor their reputation for excellence is outstanding.Leeds
Partner DesignatePartner Designate job in Lichfield Rare and exciting opportunity to secure partnership Job Alert! We are recruiting for an ACA or ACCA qualified accountant job for Partner Designates in Lichfield. As a leading accountancy firm, this is a superb opportunity to further your career. Depending on the candidate's career objectives you will have the ability to work at Partner levels. Suited towards a progressive accountant with many years or depending on the background a few years experience of general practice.Lichfield
Senior AccountantAre you looking for a Senior Accountant job in Bath? Are you a qualified accountant looking for a new challenge? Job Alert! This is an outstanding opportunity for a fully qualified accountant to work for an independent accountancy practice in Bath.Bath
Medical Partner DesignateMedical Partner Designate job in Bristol working for a progressive firm of accountants who can offer career progression to Equity Partner level. If you are an ACA/CA or ACCA qualified accountant with medical experience this could be the perfect job for you.Bristol
PartnerAccountancy Partner job in Bristol, Avon working for a leading accountancy practice. Our outstanding accountancy firm client is looking to recruit a high calibre Partner into their award-winning practice.Bristol
Partner DesignateAccountancy Partner Designate Job in Bristol, Avon working for a Top 50 firm of accountants. Our ideal Partner Designate should hold ACA or ACCA qualifications and have a high level of technical experience from working with a range of business structures and entities within a high calibre general accountancy practice.Bristol
Candidates - a career in Accounts
To succeed in Accounts, you need a healthy mix of interpersonal skills and an acute eye for detail. You also need to be reasonably computer literate.
As an Accounts Assistant
You’ll be providing admin support to accountants, undertaking clerical tasks such as
- making phone calls
- handling mail
- basic bookkeeping
- helping to keep the office running smoothly
- dealing with customers and external agencies
Accounts assistants are usually expected to be in work during typical daytime office hours.
Working as part of a team within a business environment, you’ll be full or part-time and your contract could be permanent or temporary, depending on the specific vacancy you go for. You may have to travel too.
Take advantage of offers of training and you may find promotion opportunities come your way. The next step on the career ladder would be as …
The typical qualities of a successful Assistant Accountant include
- part-qualified AAT –
- excellent Excel skills
- the ability to be diplomatic and discrete
- a pro-active approach and the ability to focus on system and reporting improvements
- payroll experience
- experience in preparation of statutory and balance sheet accounts
Your duties might include
- monthly management account preparation
- production of profit and loss statements
- to complete and maintain sales invoices and reports
- accruals & prepayments
- assisting in the preparation of statutory accounts for review
- bank reconciliation, posting and balancing
- weekly wages, petty cash and other journal posting
- quarterly VAT return preparation
Accountants go through a rigorous qualification and recruitment process. Employers generally look for graduates and school leavers who are
- able to reflect on their own work, as well as the wider consequences of financial decisions
- genuinely interested in business and possess a degree of business acumen
- organised and can manage deadlines
- good in a team
- skilled communicators and have good interpersonal skills
- proficient in IT
- able to be analytical
- methodical in their approach and have proven problem-solving skills
- highly numerate
What exactly does an Accountant do?
An Accountant provides financial advice to clients. These clients could range from solo professionals to multinational organisations or any scale of business in between.
Accountants frequently specialise in specific areas of practice
- management consultancy
- forensic accountancy
- corporate finance
A general overview of the role of an Accountant
- preparing accounts and tax returns
- administering payrolls and controlling income and expenditure
- auditing financial information
- compiling and presenting reports, budgets, business plans, commentaries and financial statements
- analysing accounts and business plans
- providing tax planning services with reference to current legislation
- financial forecasting and risk analysis
- dealing with insolvency cases
- negotiating the terms of business deals and moves with clients and associated organisations
- meeting and interviewing clients
- managing colleagues, workloads and deadlines.
“Garry was really helpful from the very start. He was able to organise numerous interviews in quick succession, his communication was faultless, and he managed to sort all the queries I had, no matter how minor. He managed to arrange for my study debt to be paid off and I couldn’t have asked for anything more. I would recommend Public Practice Recruitment Ltd!”
“I have worked with Garry over the last 9 years during which he has helped me with strategic job moves which have seen my career progress from Tax Advisor to Tax Director. I have always found Garry’s market knowledge and career advice to be exceptional. I cannot recommend Garry and Public Practice Recruitment Ltd highly enough as they really are experts in their field.”
“Garry and Public Practice Recruitment Ltd have great connections and contacts throughout accountancy firms across the UK. This means that they can match the needs of both the firms and candidates rather than just dealing with volumes. Garry is great to discuss matters with and is honest and open with his knowledge and opinions and keeps up to date with developments across the profession. I would highly recommend him and his business to both candidates and firms.”
Accountant Jobs and Careers in Bristol
With our proven track record, we’ll find the right Accountancy Job in Bristol to match your career aspirations.
We have thousands of accountancy candidates on our database throughout Bristol. In the unlikely event that an ideal candidate isn’t amongst them, we’ll go out and recruit – fully confident that we’ll quickly fill your Accountancy vacancy with a great candidate.
We’ve helped dozens of Bristol accountancy firms to source the very best accountancy candidates. Where firms have traditionally struggled to recruit accountants, we’ve soon helped them to become the accountancy firm of choice in their area.
Challenge us to find the perfect Accountancy Job in the Bristol for you.
See how we can find the perfect Accountancy candidate for your firm.