Looking for an Accountancy Job in Birmingham?
We only recruit for Accountants – the Accountancy Recruitment specialists.
Are you looking for an Accountancy Job in Birmingham?
Or are you an Accountancy Firm with an Accountancy role to fill?
Each year we match hundreds of accountants with the perfect job in accounts.
We’re expert recruiters in both permanent accounts jobs and interim accounts jobs throughout Birmingham.
Looking for your next career move in Accountancy?
Looking to fill an Accountancy role?
Accountancy in Birmingham
Birmingham is a metropolitan city in the West Midlands
The city provides a wealth of entertainment for sports fans and has been chosen to host the 2022 Commonwealth Games. The city has an abundance of culture, with gems including the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra, the Birmingham Royal Ballet, and the Library of Birmingham. The Mercer Quality of Living Survey 2019 placed Birmingham as 49th in the world for quality of resident’s life.
Birmingham has a high amount of service-based industries and is a major international commercial centre. The city is also ranked as a beta world city by the Globalisation and World Cities Research Network, and is an important hub for transport, retail, events and conferences. Birmingham boasts the second largest economy in the UK, and it is the second largest centre for higher education in UK due to being home to six universities.
Birmingham has an excellent transport system, including trains, buses, and the Midland Metro. With its central location, Birmingham has excellent road and rail links to the rest of the UK.
Birmingham is an excellent choice to begin your pursuit for a career in accountancy.
Why choose Public Practice Recruitment Ltd for Accountant Jobs in Birmingham?
- We’re specialists recruiters, working exclusively for accountancy firms. We also help hundreds of accountants each year to find new accountancy jobs in Birmingham.
- There are thousands of Accountant Practices all over Norfolk who work with Public Practice Recruitment Ltd. These Practices value our extraordinary ability to recruit the very best accountants for Birmingham accountancy practices.
- We have both experience and know-how – 15 years of dedication to specialist recruiting for hundreds of Birmingham accountants.
- Our enviable track record of achieving successful appointments is a measure of our commitment to providing accountants with the best possible support in attaining their career ambitions.
- The keys to our success are our efficiency and diligence. Our focused approach gives us every chance of matching the right accountancy skills with the right accountancy job at the right accountancy practice.
- Are you an accountant? Then we’ll leave no stone unturned to give you the best chance of achieving your long-term career goals.
- Do you have an Accountancy firm? We work with:
- Almost all of the UK’s top 100 firms of accountants
- the major regional accountancy practices
- the key sole office accountancy firms
- many vibrant start-up accountancy firms across the country
Latest Accountancy Jobs
Audit & Accounts SeniorWe’re on the lookout for a talented Audit & Accounts Senior to work for a thriving, regional firm of accountants in the Leeds area of West Yorkshire. Perhaps you’ve been working at Semi-Senior level and have some experience of audit and feel it’s time your career progressed. Or maybe you’re a Senior Accountant with audit experience who is excited to take on a new position. If that sounds like you and you are ACCA/ACA or CA qualified or qualified by experience and possess experience of audit (which we expect to be equally mixed with general accounting in this role), we’d be excited to receive your CV or have a confidential chat.Leeds
Senior AccountantAre you a Semi Senior Accountant looking for the next step in your career, or are you an established Senior Accountant wanting to join a forward-thinking accountancy firm? If you’re ambitious and looking to work for a firm of accountants that focuses on nurturing talent, this Senior Accountant job in Swansea could be for you. You’ll be ACCA or ACA qualified, or in the final stages of studying, with a minimum of five years of accountancy practice experience.Swansea
Junior AccountantThis accountancy firm is looking for an enthusiastic and committed Junior Accountant to join their team in Coventry. This is a fantastic role for anyone looking to develop within an accountancy practice and to learn from an experienced team. What are we looking for? AAT qualified or studying towards your AAT qualification is preferrable. You’ll also already have some experience of working within an accountancy practice, as well as good analytical and problem-solving skills. Good communication skills will be essential, as well as a willingness to liaise with clients and deliver a high-quality service.Coventry
Audit & Accounts SeniorThis accountancy firm is looking for an experienced Audit & Accounts Senior to join their team in Solihull. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading accountancy practice that sets the bar in delivering excellence. Are you ACA or ACCA qualified with accounting practice experience and a drive to deliver the highest quality service? If so, this Audit & Accounts Senior job in Solihull could be the right fit for you. You’ll be detail focused and technically minded, with strong problem-solving skills. Good communication skills will be essential, and you’ll have proven experience of efficient time management.Solihull
Audit and Accounts ManagerA leading, multi-office accountancy firm in Solihull in The West Midlands is looking for an Audit and Accounts Manager to join their thriving practice. At Public Practice Recruitment Ltd we’d be delighted to receive applications from anyone with an ACCA/ACA or CA qualification or qualified by experience. You’ll have also overseen the completion of audits in a previous role and certainly possess a specialist interest in audit services. You’ll be adept at working to deadlines and to overseeing the distribution of work within a team. We’re looking for someone who is pleasant to work alongside, technically capable and injects a positive attitude into a team managing a diverse portfolio of clients.Solihull
Audit DirectorThis leading accountancy firm is looking for an Audit Director, ideally with RI status, to join their audit team in York, North Yorkshire. Joining as a key player within the firm you will work across an exciting and diverse client portfolio and assist in the leading of the firm's audit offering. What are we looking for? You’ll be ACA, ACCA or CA qualified. You’ll also already have extensive external audit experience and will now be looking to position your career ready for an Audit Partner level position in due course.York
Audit SeniorThis thriving regional accountancy firm is looking for an Audit Senior to join their team in Worcester to support the increased delivery of audit and assurance assignments. You’ll be ACA/ACCA or CA qualified and you’ll already have experience of working within audit in an accountancy practice, as well as demonstrable people management skills.Worcester
Client ManagerThis exciting opportunity is for a Client Manager to join a thriving, regional accountancy firm in Worcester. This is a pivotal role in the practice acting as a conduit between the Partners and wider staff, managing staff, client portfolios and workflows. What are we looking for? You’ll be ACA, ACCA, or CA qualified or qualified by experience. You’ll also already have experience of working in accountancy practice as well as excellent communication skills and a real passion for the delivery of excellence.Worcester
Senior Tax Manager (Advisory)A leading London accountancy firm is looking for an experienced Senior Tax Manager to join their team to deliver first-class tax advice. What are we looking for? You’ll be CTA qualified with extensive experience of working within a tax team, overseeing the delivery of tax advisory services and providing exceptional client-facing solutions. This Senior Tax Manager role is suited to someone who already has strong tax advisory experience and is capable of successfully leading a tax team.London
Audit ManagerA leading accountancy firm is looking for an Audit Manager to join their team in Stevenage, Hertfordshire. The role will suit someone looking to be an integral part of a team, primarily responsible for audit services to an extensive portfolio of clients. With several roles reporting into the Audit Manager, you’ll be a natural leader that can nurture a positive working environment, whilst ensuring the highest quality service is delivered.Stevenage
Candidates - a career in Accounts
To succeed in Accounts, you need a healthy mix of interpersonal skills and an acute eye for detail. You also need to be reasonably computer literate.
As an Accounts Assistant
You’ll be providing admin support to accountants, undertaking clerical tasks such as
- making phone calls
- handling mail
- basic bookkeeping
- helping to keep the office running smoothly
- dealing with customers and external agencies
Accounts assistants are usually expected to be in work during typical daytime office hours.
Working as part of a team within a business environment, you’ll be full or part-time and your contract could be permanent or temporary, depending on the specific vacancy you go for. You may have to travel too.
Take advantage of offers of training and you may find promotion opportunities come your way. The next step on the career ladder would be as …
The typical qualities of a successful Assistant Accountant include
- part-qualified AAT –
- excellent Excel skills
- the ability to be diplomatic and discrete
- a pro-active approach and the ability to focus on system and reporting improvements
- payroll experience
- experience in preparation of statutory and balance sheet accounts
Your duties might include
- monthly management account preparation
- production of profit and loss statements
- to complete and maintain sales invoices and reports
- accruals & prepayments
- assisting in the preparation of statutory accounts for review
- bank reconciliation, posting and balancing
- weekly wages, petty cash and other journal posting
- quarterly VAT return preparation
Accountants go through a rigorous qualification and recruitment process. Employers generally look for graduates and school leavers who are
- able to reflect on their own work, as well as the wider consequences of financial decisions
- genuinely interested in business and possess a degree of business acumen
- organised and can manage deadlines
- good in a team
- skilled communicators and have good interpersonal skills
- proficient in IT
- able to be analytical
- methodical in their approach and have proven problem-solving skills
- highly numerate
What exactly does an Accountant do?
An Accountant provides financial advice to clients. These clients could range from solo professionals to multinational organisations or any scale of business in between.
Accountants frequently specialise in specific areas of practice
- management consultancy
- forensic accountancy
- corporate finance
A general overview of the role of an Accountant
- preparing accounts and tax returns
- administering payrolls and controlling income and expenditure
- auditing financial information
- compiling and presenting reports, budgets, business plans, commentaries and financial statements
- analysing accounts and business plans
- providing tax planning services with reference to current legislation
- financial forecasting and risk analysis
- dealing with insolvency cases
- negotiating the terms of business deals and moves with clients and associated organisations
- meeting and interviewing clients
- managing colleagues, workloads and deadlines.
“Garry was really helpful from the very start. He was able to organise numerous interviews in quick succession, his communication was faultless, and he managed to sort all the queries I had, no matter how minor. He managed to arrange for my study debt to be paid off and I couldn’t have asked for anything more. I would recommend Public Practice Recruitment Ltd!”
“I have worked with Garry over the last 9 years during which he has helped me with strategic job moves which have seen my career progress from Tax Advisor to Tax Director. I have always found Garry’s market knowledge and career advice to be exceptional. I cannot recommend Garry and Public Practice Recruitment Ltd highly enough as they really are experts in their field.”
“Garry and Public Practice Recruitment Ltd have great connections and contacts throughout accountancy firms across the UK. This means that they can match the needs of both the firms and candidates rather than just dealing with volumes. Garry is great to discuss matters with and is honest and open with his knowledge and opinions and keeps up to date with developments across the profession. I would highly recommend him and his business to both candidates and firms.”
Accountant Jobs and Careers in Birmingham
With our proven track record, we’ll find the right Accountancy Job in Birmingham to match your career aspirations.
We have thousands of accountancy candidates on our database throughout Birmingham. In the unlikely event that an ideal candidate isn’t amongst them, we’ll go out and recruit – fully confident that we’ll quickly fill your Accountancy vacancy with a great candidate.
We’ve helped dozens of Birmingham accountancy firms to source the very best accountancy candidates. Where firms have traditionally struggled to recruit accountants, we’ve soon helped them to become the accountancy firm of choice in their area.
Challenge us to find the perfect Accountancy Job in the Birmingham for you.
See how we can find the perfect Accountancy candidate for your firm.